The PIPA Training Working Party is delighted to bring you the Foundation Skills in Medical Information course
Date: Tuesday 29th November 2022
Time: 9:30am to 1.30pm (GMT)
Venue: Online virtual interactive course via Zoom
Cost: £250 + VAT
- New starters in Medical Information including departmental administrators.
- Those working in related functions who would benefit from foundational knowledge of Medical Information practices.
- Those working in Medical Information recruitment services who would benefit from an understanding of Medical Information practices.
Level of difficulty:
- Basic / introductory
With ever increasing responsibilities and regulations to get to grips with, the role of the Medical Information function grows increasingly complex.
This course has been designed to meet the needs of people working within Medical Information, either as relatively new starters or as departmental administrators, and those working in related functions who would benefit from foundational knowledge of Medical Information practices, e.g. Pharmacovigilance, Quality, Regulatory Affairs, Sales and Marketing, Legal and Commercial. It provides the ideal opportunity to consolidate existing knowledge and get a complete overview of Medical Information.
Structured sessions will put the role into context, looking at:
- Background to Medical Information and terminology
- Introduction to Medical Information Compliance: ABPI, MHRA requirements, Copyright
- How to interpret the Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC)
- Recognising and reporting Adverse Events and/ Product Quality Complaints
- Sources of Information for enquiry responses
- Introduction to enquiry handling – verbal responses, written responses to HCPs, written responses to Patients
- Introduction to Reading and Summarising Publications
Interactive exercises throughout the session will give delegates an opportunity to put what they’ve learnt into practice. There will also be plenty of opportunities to discuss issues of concern and to share best practice.