Date of next meeting: tbc
With ever increasing responsibilities and regulations to get to grips with, the role of the Medical Information function grows increasingly complex.
This course has been designed to meet the needs of people working within Medical Information, either as relatively new starters or as departmental administrators, and those working in related functions who would benefit from foundational knowledge of Medical Information practices, e.g. Pharmacovigilance, Quality, Regulatory Affairs, Sales and Marketing, Legal and Commercial. It provides the ideal opportunity to consolidate existing knowledge and get a complete overview of Medical Information.
Structured sessions will put the role into context, looking at:
- Background to Medical Information and terminology
- Overview of the ABPI Code of Practice and legal aspects
- How to interpret the Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC)
- Recognising Adverse Events
- Product Quality Complaints
- Handling enquiries – what resources should be used?
- How to read a clinical paper
Interactive exercises throughout the day will give delegates an opportunity to put what they’ve learnt into practice. There will also be plenty of opportunities to discuss issues of concern and to share best practice.
New starters in Medical Information including departmental administrators.
Those working in related functions who would benefit from foundational knowledge of Medical Information practices.
1 day face to face course
Level of difficulty:
Basic / introductory