AstraZeneca: Patient Safety Manager
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Closing Date: 16th July 2021
Do you have experience within Patient Safety (Pharmacovigilance) operation? Do you also have demonstrable knowledge of legislation governing pharmacovigilance in the UK and EU?
Would you like to apply your expertise to impact Patient Safety in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
Play your part in contributing to a business truly dedicated to its purpose and patients. United by a shared connection and commitment, we can see how everything we do adds up to a bigger impact on patients and society. Working for an enterprise at the cutting-edge of science, we feel a huge sense of pride in our potential to transform the lives of patients with unmet needs.
At AstraZeneca UK, we bring life-changing medicines to patients across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. As a member of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI), all of our sales, marketing and communications activities are subject to the ABPI Code of Practice. If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do – join us!
It has been agreed that our AstraZeneca UK Commercial head office will move from Luton to Pancras Square, London in early 2022. This role will be initially based in our Luton office, until this move takes place.
Our move to Pancras Square offers us the strongest possible platform to transform the lives of patients in the UK, as the country’s leading biopharmaceutical company. It will bring AstraZeneca UK closer to our customers, partners and stakeholders in the UK’s healthcare environment, as well as foster greater collaboration with the wider AstraZeneca footprint.
What you’ll do
- Ensure the AstraZeneca UKMC delivers effective and efficient Patient Safety (pharmacovigilance) operations
- Line Management Patient Safety Specialists
- Identify and take opportunities to advance the activities and business contributions of the Patient Safety team
- Provide knowledge and expertise to internal and external customers on all aspects of Patient Safety relating to UKMC activities.
- Support the day-to-day running of the team as directed by the MIPS Lead, will also act as deputy in the absence of the MIPS Lead.
- Fully comply with GVP requirements in line with the local Quality Management System (QMS) SOP and all other AZ policies and Standards.
Essential for the role
- Life science degree or appropriate professional qualifications
- Experience of pharmacovigilance
- Experience of the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry
- Demonstrable knowledge of legislation governing pharmacovigilance in the UK and EU.
- Experience of external customer interaction
- Ability to effectively influence and interact with cross-functional colleagues
- Experience of managing projects or leading small teams
Desirable for the role
- Product/therapy area knowledge for AZ brands/products
- Awareness of NHS customer groups and other key customers
- Knowledge of ABPI Code of Practice
- Project management skills
- Experience in medical writing
- Broad range of IT experience
- Recruitment experience
- Line Management Experience
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en